A flawed human:
Allow me to be authentic…
-I’m a mess.
-I come with baggage.
-I love hard and hurt easy.
-I trust people to be who they say they are… and I’m disappointed when they aren’t.
-I don’t understand how God loves me unconditionally.
-I dissect people because I want to understand people… Not analyze them and push them away.
-I have built up walls… And have expected someone human to knock them down.
-I have fought too hard to prove my value to people… Instead of investing into people who already see my value.
-I can be defensive. Especially if I feel backed into a corner… Or if I’m not being taken serious…
- I have moments when I’m a bad mom. Lots of them.
- I often say the wrong things.
- I don’t know how to receive healing in the areas of my life that require healing.
- I hate disrespect. And don’t respond well to it.
- Sometimes I need attention because I feel lonely.
- I sacrifice myself too often because I fear losing people in my life.
I’m not perfect.
Not even close.
But I’m aware.
I am not too proud to admit that it will take someone strong to love me. And support me. And tolerate my antics. And be my friend.
Not too arrogant to know when I’ve messed up.
Or given up.
And certainly not too self focused to think that I don’t have a gazillion areas I need to work on.
Life is hard sometimes.
The price of being a flawed human being I suppose.
It’s looks like Denise is in good company.
- Abraham -Was old.
- Elijah – Was suicidal.
- Joseph – Was abused.
- Job – Went bankrupt.
- Moses – Had a speech problem.
- Gideon – Was afraid.
- Samson – Was a womanizer.
- Rahab – Was a prostitute.
- Samaritan Woman – Divorced.
- Noah – Was a Drunk.
- Jeremiah – Was young.
- Jacob – Was a cheater.
- David – Was a murderer.
- Jonah – Ran from God.
- Naomi – Was a widow.
- Peter – Denied Christ three times
- Martha – Worried about everything.
- Zacchaeus – Was small and money hungry.
- The Disciples – Fell asleep while praying.
- Paul – A Pharisee who persecuted Christians before becoming one.
Even though we are flawed…Romans 8:28 - “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”